The primary purpose of work orders is to package together the consumption of parts, kits, and labor that are used by a contractor to install or repair something at a customer. Work orders are also used to group together items used for a phase of a project, for reporting purposes. Additionally, work orders can document what maintenance was done on an asset — such as a machine, service truck or fork lift.
Capabilities within the Work Order Module:
- Track parts, kits and labor consumption on the job
- Include customer information
- Requisition material if need authority to consume it
- Add up to 5 user defined fields for each work order
- Use a full-page description if desired