The eTurns TrackStock Cycle Counting Module Makes
Physical Inventory or Cycle Counting More Efficient
- No need to buy scanners – Use the eTurns TrackStock Replenish App on a mobile device to scan items for a traditional cycle count. Alternatively, you can use the eTurns TrackStock Manage App on a mobile device to scan items as they are used - the app tracks usage so there’s always an accurate on-hand count. The app continually compares the quantity on hand with the minimum and triggers an automated order up to the maximum to replenish.
- Do no-touch cycle counts 2 times a day - TrackStock SensorBins use IoT weight sensors to do no-touch inventory tracking and can be set to measure the inventory levels several times a day depending on demand. For companies that have fast-moving or vital items that must always be on hand, especially on a manufacturing assembly line, SensorBins provide the best insurance the items will always be in stock.
- Automatically adjust inventory in real-time base on your latest cycle count - With other barcode systems, the user scans the barcoded item number on the bin and then enters the item count into the scanner or mobile device. This information may then need to be uploaded into the company's ERP system. With the eTurns TrackStock app, all the needed information on that item is already at the user's fingertips for item counting, tracking, re-classification, replenishment and reordering. In real-time, eTurns takes information from the cycle count and reorders items where minimums have been breached or re-classifies items where necessary.
The eTurns TrackStock app advantages over manual cycle counting:
- Perform ABC cycle counts more quickly - Use multiple options to categorize, segment and track inventory. For example, you’re not limited to ABC categories – you can add D through Z, use descriptors, or more. eTurns’s app allows you to define inventory categories, set up individual counting cycles for each, and choose whether to have segmentation fixed or automatically changed depending on preset conditions.
- Flexibility – Users determine how items are classified, what items are automatically or manually classified, what thresholds determine re-classification, and how often each classification is counted. TrackStock also allows the user to either use item orders or consumption to calculate inventory turns.
- Notifications – TrackStock takes into account variables such as on-hand quantity, price, counts, receives and consumption and reclassifies items into different cycle counting segments when necessary. If you have the item set to "automatically segment", eTurns will recalculate how frequently the item should be counted and you'll get a notification if its classification has changed due to pre-set thresholds.
- No missed items during counts - TrackStock notifies you if you neglected to count an item in your scheduled cycle count. If an employee cannot get to all the A items on the list that day, those items will be automatically included in the next cycle count.
- Not one-size-fits-all - Users can count both consigned and customer-owned inventory and have the ability to track each separately.
- Reporting – Users can obtain a report on the difference between customer count and current on-hand and determine how to deal with the discrepancy.
- Automatic replenishment - updates of the inventory counts start the recalculation comparison to the minimum inventory level and then create a suggested order in the cart. If quantity on hand is less than the minimum, TrackStock triggers an order of the item up to the maximum level.
- Get alerts - Set the number of times each of the inventory classifications are counted per year. Get alerts when it is time to perform a physical inventory or cycle count.
For tips on cycle counts, check out our blog: Four Tips on Efficient Cycle Counting Methods